About Me

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year Resolution for 2014- My communique to my team


Dear Team
I wished my last mail to all of you this year be something positive and that which speaks about things not necessarily around Admin, Customers, Cost-Cutting etc. J
This week I want to talk about New Year Resolutions and here is what I have gathered to share with you all,
I remember reading that if we can create a little bit of something positive that brings us joy and success, then we create more of it – we can further learn to scale it and build on it. I believe in the power of this idea, and have used it as a guiding principle to reasonable success in my professional and personal life.
So let’s apply this and see what could be our New Year’s Resolution – one that won’t just die as a fad after initial few weeks and leave us feeling demoralized and depressed, but will:
·         Stay longer and may be very long
·         Usher happiness, positivity and more importantly fulfillment
·         Bring in growth (We all should grow and there is no serendipity in it! We should remember that we are capable, accountable and RESPONSIBLE for our growth)
·         Build confidence and self-esteem (Very important in our roles where every other user gets reminded of a doormat whenever we are done with serving them)
Think about what you’ve already created in your life today, but want more of. Let’s start with the below 4 key categories:
1.     Love and Kindness
Look around you. Are your relationships supportive, loving, gentle, kind? Do you have at least one friend and loved one who believes in you without reservation, who sees the future vision of you before it’s visible to all, and would do anything for you? Then you can build more relationships that will offer this type of unconditional support. Think about the glue that holds this mutually-loving and respectful relationship together. You are part of this glue; you’ve helped make it possible. Where can you apply that “glue” to form new bonds that will help you be more of what you wish to in the world, and help others do the same?
New Year’s Resolution: This year I will build at least one new relationship in my life that is mutually loving, caring, supportive and nourishing.
2.     Professional Success
I’ve seen first-hand in my own career that if you have built the skills and traits that serve your clients well, and bring great success and fulfillment to them, you can build more such skills. Examine what you offer in your work. What skills, talents and passions are you drawing on that generate great outcomes for your employer or for your own clients and customers? How can you leverage these skills to bring more success to those around you? What innovation or efficiency enhancer can you develop that will help others in a deeper way than you are today?
New Year’s Resolution: I will use my skills in a brand new way this year that will bring more success, growth and well-being to those around me, and thus, to me.
3.     A sense of meaning and purpose
Do you feel that you were meant for something bigger than what you are experiencing today? If you’ve ever felt that, I can you tell — you ARE meant for something bigger. I know because I have witnessed winners who had that feeling for years, and finally, it led them to a complete, successful reinvention. People who dream of doing something big, something important, making a difference, leaving a legacy, have the seed of greatness inside of them and are longing to do something about it. Make 2014 the year you do.
New Year’s Resolution – I will honor the longing I have to play bigger, to go for something important in my life that will bring a sense of meaning and purpose to my life. I will define concretely how I want to play bigger, and walk towards that in 2014.
4.     Belief in what’s possible for you
Some people like to create a theme for their new year – using one word to describe what they want more of. A theme is a great way to focus on something important, and to help bring it into being. Here is a list of some powerful themes or concepts you could choose from, or build your own:
Love
Forgiveness
Creativity
Courage
Openness
Mentorship
Wealth
Peace
Compassion
Tolerance
Prosperity
Choose a word or theme that represents what you want more of. Print it out, and post it on your computer, your desk, make it your mobile screen home page – wherever the reminder will have the most impact on you. Then, make a pact with yourself that you will act, perceive and think in ways that are in close alignment with this positive experience you want to bring forth.
New Year’s Resolution – I will honor my new theme for 2014. I will keep a keen focus on what I want to expand, and gratitude each time I see this theme expanding in my life.
* * * * *
What new kind of resolution can you make that will guarantee to bring you more joy, peace and fulfillment in 2014? Make that resolution today.

2 comments:

  1. Vinna, above Four will work in every one's life. it may not be difficult to get at least one friend who can guide you in life with out any expectancy, but first of all you must ready to extend your hand at least one of your friend. to get sucesses in carrer we must work with full enthisium and love towards the work. Then only we could put our abiliteis to get successes. remain also works well for any body. good job done by you. it will work as a text book for next generations. keep going. all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good thoughts. Relevant for every year ..

    ReplyDelete